A fire ripped through the recently renovated Melbourne home of the parents of Australian golfer Aaron Baddeley, completely destroying it. Nobody was seriously injured in the blaze although Aaron’s Dad Ron suffered second degree burns to his foot leaving him on crutches. A smoke alarm woke Ron and he had time to evacuate wife Joanne and daughter Emma before the blaze took hold.
Ironically only some of Aaron’s clubs, trophies and memorabilia were all that could be salvaged by fire crews. The fire comes just weeks after Baddeley won the Northern Trust Open. He was believed to be in Arizona at the time of the fire.
Retaining the Aussie sense of humour Ron Baddeley commented after that losing his “Alice Cooper signed t-shirt” was the biggest tragedy of the fire.