Tragedy struck at an Irish golf course today after a player had to be rushed to hospital after accidentally touching the pin with his hand.

It was the worst possible news, on the day that golf returned after 8 weeks of lockdown.

The player and course, which cannot be named until full contact tracing takes place, reportedly placed his right hand somewhere near the top of the pin on the 15th green, triggering an emergency shutdown and evacuation of the golf course.



"I definitely saw him touching the pin," an eyewitness said. "I was looking over across the fairway and I clearly saw him suck each of his fingers after. He must have just forgotten the rules for a second."

Emergency services arrived on the scene within 10 minutes, and the victim was stripped naked, doused in Jeyes Fluid, and powerhosed with boiling water as per the newly published "Golfing Under Covid-19" regulations before being airlifted to a nearby hospital for testing.

His condition since is described as stable but scalded.  The course in question will now remain closed until December while a full disinfection is carried out.

#Parody


Join the GolfCentralDaily community on Facebook Here and on Twitter Here.
Share To:

GolfCentralDaily

Uncensored, independent, inside the ropes Tour golf news and spoofs from the world's best golf blog!

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours